You are here:
Emergency Services Superannuation Act 1986
ELECTION OF THREE 3) CONTRIBUTOR MEMBERS AND THREE (3) DEPUTY CONTRIBUTOR MEMBERS OF THE EMERGENCY SERVICES SUPERANNUATION BOARD
Notice is given of an election for three (3) positions of “Contributor Members of the Board” AND three (3) positions of “Deputy Contributor Members of the Board” to represent the contributor members of the Emergency Services Superannuation Scheme, in accordance with Sections 7 and 9 of the Emergency Services Superannuation Act 1986.
The elected members will be required to fulfil the duties of “Contributor Members of the Board” / “Deputy Contributor Members of the Board”, and will be appointed to that office from 1 January 2013 for a term not exceeding 5 years.
Elections will be held for:
1. one (1) Contributor Member of the Board elected from and by Police members who are contributors employed under the Police Regulation Act 1958 or employed by the employee organisations representing those contributors.
2. one (1) Deputy to the Contributor Member of the Board who is nominated and elected in the same manner as the Contributor member of the Board in paragraph one (1).
3. one (1) Contributor Member of the Board elected from and by contributors who are officers or employees of the Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Service Board or persons appointed by the Country Fire Authority under section 17 of the Country Fire Authority Act 1958 or the employees of the unions representing those contributors.
4. one (1) Deputy to a Contributor Member of the Board to be nominated and elected in the same manner as the Contributor Member of the Board in paragraph three (3).
5. one (1) Contributor Member of the Board elected from and by contributors who are employees appointed by Ambulance Services – Victoria under the Ambulance Services Act 1986 or by any other ambulance service specified by the Minister and by contributors who are not employees of participating employers referred to in paragraphs one (1) and (3) above (including Emergency Services Superannuation Board staff, members of the Department of Sustainability and Environment, and the Department of Primary Industries).
6. one (1) Deputy to a Contributor Member of the Board to be nominated and elected in the same manner as the Contributor Member of the Board in paragraph five (5).
The election will be conducted in accordance with the Emergency Services Superannuation Board 2012 Election Procedures and will take place on Monday, 17 September 2012.
Nominations are to be on the approved Nomination Form and must be received by the Returning Officer, Mr Roger Millar, at the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC), Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000, no later than 12 noon on Thursday, 16 August 2012. Please note that a faxed or emailed nomination form cannot be accepted by the Returning Officer.
Nomination forms and further information regarding the election may be obtained from the VEC by telephoning (03) 8620 1149.
If a ballot is necessary to decide the election, a ‘draw’ to determine the candidates’ positions on the ballot paper will be conducted at the VEC at 2.00pm on Monday, 20 August 2012.
Ballot material will be posted to members on Friday, 31 August 2012 and voting will close at 5.00pm on Monday, 17 September 2012.
Chief Executive Officer
Emergency Services Superannuation Board
2 August 2012Get the latest news here
The Victorian Government does not guarantee or underwrite benefits of ESSSuper’s Accumulation Plan, Income Streams and Beneficiary Account products. Emergency Services Superannuation Board (ESSB) ABN 28-161-296-741© 2007 ESSB
Content Management and Software Development by Elcom Technology