August 05 2021
If you’re a member of any ESSSuper’s defined benefit funds, you or your spouse can open an Accumulation Plan account today. The Accumulation Plan allows you to top up your super, consolidate other super funds or apply for extra insurance cover.
How the Accumulation Plan can work for you?
With flexible contributions, insurance, investment and beneficiary options, you can manage your super to meet your retirement goals with an Accumulation Plan. And if eligible, both you and your employer can contribute and, you can apply for Income Protection cover to age 65 or Death and Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover to age 70. An Accumulation Plan is available to you while you're working or retired.
The Accumulation Plan provides lump sum benefits (with the exception of some insurance benefits). If you change careers you can choose for your new employer to make superannuation guarantee contributions into your Accumulation Plan. Spouse accounts are also available so you and your spouse can both have your super with ESSSuper.
If you're a member of one of ESSSuper's defined benefit funds, the Accumulation Plan lets you top up your super or apply for extra insurance cover.
Why choose an Accumulation Plan?
ESSSuper's Accumulation Plan has a range of features:
- accepts contributions from you or any of your employers
- allows you to keep your super with ESSSuper if you change jobs
- enables you to consolidate other super funds1
- provides optional insurance cover up to age 65 or 702 (subject to eligibility)
- allows binding death benefit nominations
- gives you the option to select from nine investment options
- offers competitive fees
- your spouse is also eligible to join ESSSuper.
Considering an Accumulation Plan?
Download the PDS and application forms to learn more